Sunday, November 2, 2008

Patriotism

A piece on CBS News This Morning started me thinking about how I feel about patriotism. Part of it is being proud of my country. The liberals would have you believe that the USA is a terrible country, it's not! We Americans care more for people all over the world than all the other countries put together.

The liberals would have you think that pride of country is a bad thing and that we shouldn't put ourselves and our country first above all others. Why not? This is the country that people all over the world are striving to come to and when they become citizens they are proud to wear a flag pin, recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag and sing the National Anthem. They are not worried that they might hurt some other country's feelings if they are patriotic to the USA. They are living their dream.

I'm proud to be an American, sing the National Anthem and salute the flag. I love my country and I think that's being patriotic. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

Until next time----

No comments: