Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oprah Winfrey

During the 2000 presidential election campaign, Winfrey had both Gore and Bush on her show. Gore was first and it was such a love fest. They talked about how they knew each other in Kentucky working at the same TV station. It was a "goo goo, and gah gah". And then Bush came on and she was polite but spent the entire time asking him tough question. I didn't have a problem with that, but I did have a problem with the difference in how the two candidates were treated. Since that time I've rarely watched her show and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now, she says she not going to have candidates on her show before the election after she had Obama on twice before he declared. If she really cared about women and women's issues she would be first in line to interview Sarah Palin. What a phony!

I went to a card party last night and our host needed help programming his cell phone voicemail. A call to a friend's granddaughter solved the problem. For kids these newfangled things are easy, for us not so much. Til next time-----

No comments: